You may encounter errors if your firewall blocks Internet access needed for specific QuickBooks programs or files. Updating your firewall to the latest release may resolve the issue or you may need to manually configure your firewall software. To manually configure your firewall settings you will need the following ports opened up.
- QuickBooks 2020: 8019, XXXXX
- QuickBooks 2019: 8019, XXXXX
- QuickBooks 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
- QuickBooks 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
- QuickBooks 2016: 8019, 56726, 55368-55372
- QuickBooks 2015: 8019, 56725, 55363-55367
- QuickBooks 2014: 8019, 56724, 55358-55362
- QuickBooks 2013: 8019, 56723, 55353-55357
- QuickBooks 2012: 80, 8019, 56722, 55348-55352
- QuickBooks 2011: 80, 8019, 56721, 55343-55347
- QuickBooks 2010: 80, 8019, 56720, 55338-55342
- QuickBooks 2009: 80, 8019, 56719, 55333-55337
(XXXXX is the assigned port number found in the QuickBooks Database Server Manager)
If you need assistance with entering these port exclusions into your firewall, please ask one of our technicians by submitting a service request.
Manually Configure your Anti-virus or Firewall Programs
Note: Only perform this if configuring the Windows Firewall does not resolve the issue.
- Due to the vast number of firewall programs available and their ever changing versions, Intuit is unable to provide additional configuration steps. Refer to your software’s documentation or the software publisher’s web site for support.
- Intuit does not support or maintain steps on the various internet security programs on the market today. In most cases, you should be fine just adding the ports above to the Windows Firewall. If you still encounter errors opening a file over a network or multi-user problems, you may want to try adding the following executable/directories to your 3rd party virus program.
Add QuickBooks ports exception on your Antivirus or Firewall
Make sure TCP is selected, and enter the ports needed for your QuickBooks year version. See the port number for your QuickBooks version listed above. If you have installed, or will be using multiple year versions of QuickBooks Desktop, you will need to add each year’s ports.
Add the following executable files on your Antivirus or Firewall
Note: If you see Program Files (x86), go there as that means you are on a 64-bit Operating system.
|AutoBackupExe.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|Dbmlsync.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|DBManagerExe.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|FileManagement.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|FileMovementExe.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|QuickBooksMessaging.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|QBW32.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|QBDBMgrN.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|QBGDSPlugin.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|QBServerUtilityMgr.exe||C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks|
|QBCFMonitorService.exe||C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks|
|QBLaunch.exe||C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks|
|QBUpdate.exe||C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate|
|IntuitSyncManager.exe||C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\Sync|
|OnlineBackup.exe||C:\Program Files\QuickBooks Online Backup|